Click here for Bootcamp Schedule & Registration
During the software development process, a quality assurance professional participates in the design process to understand how the software will function. S/he then designs, revises and verifies quality standards for the software design. After implementing and designing quality standards, testing procedures are developed to ensure the software runs effectively.
During and after the software has been developed, a quality assurance professional uses software testing tools and programming to test the software for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to the established quality standards. This involves monitoring program performance throughout the testing process to improve or modify software until it is operating properly. This entire process is documented to describe software evaluation, testing and corrections. The documentation is presented to software designers, and the quality assurance professional may propose development enhancements to further improve the software.
IntelliX’s tailor-made Software Quality Assurance / Testing Bootcamp (QA Testing Training) content is designed to provide comprehensive overview of software quality assurance process in practice and learning industry-leading testing tools used to improve software quality.
IntelliX’s QA track career includes 4 Bootcamps: SQA/Software Testing, SQL/Database and Advanced Test Automation using Ruby / Cucumber / Watir / Selenium / RubyMine IDE, Advance Test Automation using Selenium /Java / Cucumber / IntelliJ IDE
A software quality assurance analyst / engineer monitors every phase of the software development process and ensures that the design and software adhere to company standards.
Software delays are costly for a company, so it is vital for software releases to meet target dates and stay within budget. A software quality assurance engineer helps meet release deadlines by breaking up the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
Jobs for Software Quality Analyst / Engineer:
Software quality engineers work in a variety of fields. You may find them:
- Working on various IT software projects (web, windows, mobile etc.) that supports Business functions – i.e. Ailline Reserveration System or Driver License Issuance System or Tracking loan applications and issuing loan etc.
- Assessing whether an airplane’s control system meets required performance standards.
- Designing a plan to test potential human errors in an automated system for drug delivery.
- Using tools to track software bugs.
- Making sure a video game won’t crash just when you’re about to take out the bad guy.
Top Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst / Engineer Skills:
A software quality assurance engineer must have strong skills in a variety of categories: engineering and technology, math and science, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, reasoning and logic, and practical skills like exceptional documentation and time management capabilities. Companies require software quality assurance engineers to have:
- An understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Working experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements.
- Knowldge of Test Automation tools and techiniques
- Some form of College Education (i.e. Associate or Bachelors degree)
How to Become a Software Quality Assurance Analyst / Engineer:
While there is no license or certification required, getting a job in the field usually requires some form of college education, as well as prior practical experience. It sounds like a catch-22; you need experience to get a job. The way out of the impasse is to work a series of internships while in school or get some experience of IT projects. It is also important to remain up-to-date in the current trends and latest advancements in the field. The state of the art in computer programming can change rapidly.
IntelliX’s Software Quality Assurance / Testing Bootcamp provides you exposure to real-world IT projects. This shall help you learn, understand and apply Quality Assurance processes, tools and techniques for IT projects. By attending IntelliX’s SQL/Database Bootcamp, you will acquire needed SQL knowledge as QA. IntelliX’s Advance Test Automation Bootcamp is designed to provide you hands-on scripting and programming knowledge for building automation tests from scratch.
Applicable Job Roles: Quality Assurance Analyst, Software Tester, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Specialist, UAT Analyst
Objectives for this course are:
- Learn about software projects, development process and designs
- Software Overview
- Software Architectures / Designs Overview (Client/Server, Web, Mobile, Services, Interfaces etc.)
- Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) / Development Methodologies: AGILE, RUP
- Business Problem Identification and Solutions / Project Definitions / Project Approval Process
- Functional Requirement Documents
- Non-Functional Requirements / System Design Specifications
- Software Testing Terminology
Learn about Software Testing Strategy
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Test Plan
- Test Scenario
- Test Case
- Test Scripts
- Traceability Metrics
- Testing Standards
- Testing Environments / Sandbox Environments / Production Environment
- Test Data
- Test Execution
- Test Logs/Reports
- Severity vs Priority
- Manual Test, Automated Testing
- Testing Tools Overview
Learn about different testing types and learn when these concepts apply during SDLC
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- Regression Testing
- Functional Testing
- Load / Performance Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Stress Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Backend Testing
Learn about Various Technologies, Basic Programming Concepts, Relational Database concepts, and creating basic SQL Queries
- Development IDEs overview (VS 2013, NetBeans, etc.)
- Basic programming concepts overview
- Relational Database Design/ER Diagram Overview
- SQL programming overview
Learn about Bug and Defect Management Process
- Defect Life Cycle (DLC)
- Defect Management
- Defect Tracking
- Defect Priority
- Defect Report
- Impact Analysis
Learn about Application Life Cycle Management using TFS/VSTS (Visual Studio Team Foundation Services)
- Hands-On/Deep-Dive of VSTS Functionality (User Stories, Test Plan, Defect Management etc.)
Learn about other Application Life Cycle Management tools: Azure DevOps (TFS), JIRA, ALM 12.x
- Overview of JIRA OR ALM 12.x Functionality (Test Plan, Test Set, Defect Management etc.)
- Hands-On/Deep-Dive of Azure DevOps (TFS), JIRA, ALM 12.x Functionality (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab etc. modules)
Learn about API/Web Service Testing using SOAPUI
- Overview of SOAP UI & API Test Functionality
Learn Automation Testing using UFT (Unified Functional Testing) / QTP
- Overview of UFT/QTP Functionality
- UFT Deep-dive
Get introduced to Ruby/Cucumber/Watir/Selenium – Advance Automation Testing Technologies
- Overview of Ruby/Cucumber/Watir Automation Testing
Prerequisite: No other prior programming experience required.
Learning Approach: You will start with learning software development life cycle and general software design concepts, test methodologies, testing terminologies and get familiar with various software development IDEs and writing basic SQL. After that, you will deep-dive into learning various testing processes and defect management. Then you will learn about Industry-leading testing tools, complete hands-on exercises and apply your learning on real-world testing scenarios utilizing real-world web, windows and web service types of applications. After learning sessions are completed, you shall also work on real-world type of project(s) for couple of other sessions to apply what you learned during Bootcamp. There is no additional cost for real-world project experiences. You can also come to training center on Thursday evenings and get more hands-on with tools and technologies. Instructor will be available at the center to help with issues / questions.
Bootcamp Duration: 4.5 Weekends (Saturday & Sunday 8:45 AM – 1:00 PM) Learning Sessions + 1 Weekend Project (Saturday & Sunday 8:45 AM – 1:00 PM) + Project/Practice Lab every Thursday (6:30 PM to 8:30 PM) every Thursday Total 60+ learning Hours.