Business Analysts provide an essential function by assessing and analyzing the business environment, defining the scope of business problems, capturing project requirements, designing high-value solution approaches, and ensuring that the defined scope meets the customer’s needs, goals, objectives, and expectations. This practical workshop will provide participants with fundamental analysis tools and techniques, including methods to understand the business environment, define a problem using a systematic approach, and influence and inform project stakeholders at all levels. You will gain pragmatic solutions to sustain stakeholder engagement throughout the project lifecycle, including questioning, listening, business need identification, problem solving, presentation, validation, and acceptance of the effective solution.
Delays, cancellations, and defects in systems development projects stem in large part from our inability to understand project requirements and the environment in which they exist, as well as our inability to communicate those requirements clearly enough to enlist the collaboration and commitment of all core project stakeholders. The accumulating evidence is unequivocal: most serious problems associated with projects are related directly to requirements. The Agile Business Analyst Training / Bootcamp solidifies the foundations of business analysis and equips business analysts with the critical thinking, analytical skills, and necessary people skills to attack the problem of project failures by addressing their root causes: incomplete, poorly defined, and/or changing requirements.
Objectives for this Bootcamp are:
- Practice project initiation techniques to clarify project scope
- Agile & Waterfall Project delivery methodologies
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Explore proven tactics for identifying and clarifying project scope
- Gain tools and techniques for developing more precise requirements
- Practice eliciting and validating information from project stakeholders
- Practice state-of-the-art business and system modeling techniques
- Enhance business analysis techniques to reduce project cost
- Develop business model components such as a context diagram, activity diagram, and use case model
- Produce high-quality, readable use case and user story documentation
- Generate a plan for bringing these methods back to your organization
- Leverage Industry Tools for Project delivery and requirements eliciting – i.e. VSTS/TFS, JIRA, ALM, iRise, Visio etc.
- Understanding of Software Quality Assurance for BA
Applicable Job Roles: Business Analyst
Learning Approach: You will start with business analysis fundamentals. After that you will work on real-world agile IT project to build agile artifacts and learn to apply various tools and techniques for business analysis and modeling.
Boocamp Duration: Includes 3.5 Weekends (Saturday & Sunday 8:45 AM – 1:10 PM) training + Practice Lab every Thursday (6:30 PM to 8:30 PM) every week + Project. Approx. 40+ Hours of Bootcamp learning!